TKMS, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Preventative Maintenance Service Mechanic.
The pm service mechanic performs repairs and maintenance to our trucks and trailers to avoid unnecessary down time in the field, and asset preservation. Responsible for service of engines, transmissions, brake systems, lighting, steering, cooling systems, drive train, and fluids. The person must keep track of the maintenance work on the vehicles and ensures services provided are in compliance with safety procedures. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Schedule is 1:30pm-10:00pm with optional overtime.
* Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers.
* Gain and understanding of filter types, brands, and ppm definition.
* Conduct regular preventative maintenance on fleet trucks, including inspection, tire rotation and oil.
* Knowledge of safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists, jacking, suspension, and braking changes.
*Provide Preventative Maintenance to Trucks & Trailers in shop.
* Identify necessary parts to execute maintenance.
* Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop.
* Adhere to manufacturer’s warranty policies and procedures.
* Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs.
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on trucks and trailers.
* Maintain accurate records of each service performed on vehicles.
* Consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems.
* Self-motivated with own tools.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Excellent reading and writing skills.
Candidate should have strong work ethic and the proven ability to maintain and repair diesel trucks and equipment. Ability to safely work in fast-paced environment and maintain a positive working relationship with all employees. MDOT certificate preferred by not required.
* Ability to pass a background check and drug test.