TKMS Trucking in Oxford, Milford and Pontiac is seeking for an experienced Road Service Diesel Mechanic (6:00am-2:30pm).
The road service mechanic drives the company service truck and is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance to our trucks and trailer to avoid unnecessary down time in the field. Responsible for diesel engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical trouble shooting, steering and cooling systems. The person must keep track of the maintenance work on the vehicles and ensures services provided are in compliance with safety procedures. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
* Perform minor and major repairs on trucks and trailers.
* Conduct regular preventative maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, tire rotation and oil.
* Knowledge of safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists, and jacking equipment changes.
* Provide Repairs & Preventative Maintenance to Trucks & Trailers on Roadside & Work site.
* Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts to execute repairs.
* Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop.
* Adhere to manufacturer’s warranty policies and procedures.
* Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs.
* Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks.
* Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles.
* Consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems.
* Self-motivated with own tools.
*2+ years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic.
* Must possess a valid CDL license.
* Must have a clean MVR and no more than two moving violations in ten years.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Excellent reading and writing skills.
* Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
* ASE Diesel Certification an asset.
* Willing to work overtime.
Candidate should have strong work ethic and the proven ability to maintain and repair diesel trucks and equipment.Ability to safely work in fast-paced environment and maintain a positive working relationship with all employees.MDOT certificate preferred by not required.